People’s Alliance for Credible Elections is looking for a Network Coordinator to organize the PACE’s program activities and to manage the volunteers.
Position: Networks Coordinator
Duty Location: Yangon
Number of Position: 1
Duration of the Contract: One year (with two month probation period)
Reporting to: Program Manager
If you are interested in this announcement, please submit your Curriculum Vitae (CV), expected salary and contact phone number to [email protected] by June 2nd 2017. For more information you can contact us +95 9253379442.
Objectives of Networks Coordinator
Under the direction of the Program Manager, the networks coordinator is responsible to coordinate with the state/regional coordinators to complete the PACE’s activities through networks building and managing the volunteers. The networks coordinator is full time paid staff and expected to work 40 hours per week.
Task and Responsibilities
- Recruit/replace the State/Regional Coordinators in your assigned areas by PACE;
- Supervise the State/Regional Coordinator to implement the program activities by PACE;
- Coordinate with the State/Regional coordinator for networking with other Stakeholders;
- Support and direct the volunteer recruitment and management for PACE’s Activities;
- Reporting the monthly activities of your assigned tasks to Program Manager;
- Coordinate with the Logistics and Finance Team to support the State/Regional Coordinators to complete their assigned tasks successfully;
- Collect and maintain the required data of location assessments and advocacy work plans from State/Regional Coordinators;
- Support the State/Regional coordinators to organize the workshops, trainings; meetings, forum and etc. in their region;
- Establish and maintain contact with project beneficiaries and electoral stakeholders;
- Coordination of project implementation and troubleshooting, as needed;
- Resolve administrative issues relating to travel, accommodation, behaviour of field teams, security issues etc. through appropriate channels;
- Provide required administration and logistics and
- Managing Budget and expense for program related activities.
The Networks Coordinator must would has good personal communication skill and experiences in networks building, and work efficient with related stakeholders in electoral reform process.
- At least five-year professional experience in networks and/or event management;
- Must be able to work at under the thigh deadline;
- Familiar with NGOs/CSOs work nature;
- Good networking and communication skill;
- Show integrity at work;
- Ability to organize works efficiently and deal with heavy workload and
- Having good understanding on Myanmar politics and its electoral process is advantage.
People’s Alliance for Credible Elections (PACE) is an independent, non-partisan, non-government domestic election observer group based in Yangon. PACE was founded in 2013 to strengthen democratic institutions in Myanmar through safeguarding citizen rights and promoting public participation in the electoral process. To promote transparency, accountability and inclusiveness in the electoral process, PACE will mainly be working on civic and voter education, election observation and electoral reform.
Upholding the principles enshrined in “Universal Declaration of Human Rights”, PACE’s work will be implemented regardless of race, religion and gender. Moreover, PACE has signed “Declaration of Global Principles for “Nonpartisan Observation and Monitoring” by Citizen Organizations,” which is a document endorsed by more than 260 organization from 75 countries.
“PACE will work to ensure all citizens political rights including the right to vote and stand for office by engaging in activities that promote citizen participation, safeguard political and civil rights through a program of electoral observation, policy advocacy and civic education.”
Areas of Work
The PACE is an independent civil society initiative to secure every citizen’s political rights and enhance electoral transparency and accountability through:
- Citizen Observation of Electoral Processes
- Civic Education and Public Outreach
- Advocacy for Improved Electoral Frameworks
Download PDF: Network Coordinator Vacancy