Vacancy Announcement for Cashier
People’s Alliance for Credible Elections is looking for an Cashier to support the program team for planning and implementing advocacy strategy and networking with other stakeholders.
Duty Location: Yangon
Number of Position: 1
Duration of the Contract: One year (with two month probation period)
Reporting to: Finance Manager
If you are interested in this announcement, please submit your Curriculum Vitae (CV), expected salary and contact phone number to [email protected] by October 28th 2016. Only short-list candidates will be contacted for the interview process.
For more information, you can contact us +95 9253379442; +95 1512646.
People’s Alliance for Credible Elections (PACE) is an independent, non-partisan, non-government domestic election observer group based in Yangon. PACE was founded in 2013 to strengthen democratic institutions in Myanmar through safeguarding citizen rights and promoting public participation in the electoral process. To promote transparency, accountability and inclusiveness in the electoral process, PACE will mainly be working on civic and voter education, election observation and electoral reform.
Upholding the principles enshrined in “Universal Declaration of Human Rights”, PACE’s work will be implemented regardless of race, religion and gender.
Moreover, PACE has signed “Declaration of Global Principles for “Nonpartisan Observation and Monitoring” by Citizen Organizations,” which is a document endorsed by more than 260 organization from 75 countries.
“PACE will work to ensure all citizens political rights including the right to vote and stand for office by engaging in activities that promote citizen participation, safeguard political and civil rights through a program of electoral observation, policy advocacy and civic education.”
Areas of Work
The PACE is an independent civil society initiative to secure every citizen’s political rights and enhance electoral transparency and accountability through:
- Citizen Observation of Electoral Processes
- Civic Education and Public Outreach
- Advocacy for Improved Electoral Frameworks
Objectives of Cashier
Under the direction of the Finance Manager, the Cashier is responsible for handling all cash transaction of an organization in order to meet PACE policies and procedures. The Cashier is full time paid staff and expected to work 40 hours per week.
Task and Responsibilities
- Handling the cash transaction of an organization;
- Keep record of cash and advances on excel worksheet, update and do cash count every day and reconcile daily;
- Ensure all required documents and appropriate approvals are attached and all calculations are correct;
- Maintains checkout operations by finance policies and procedures; reporting needed changes;
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations and
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
The Cashier must would normally attain the required knowledge, skills and attitudes through completion of a Diploma in Accounting or Business Administration and/or completion of a computer-based accounting course with related financial experience.
- At least two-year professional experience in finance related work;
- Having knowledge in generally accepted accounting principles;
- Ability to communicate pretty well in English and computer skills including the ability to operate computerized accounting, spreadsheet and word-processing programs at a proficient level;
- Must be able to work at under the thigh deadline;
- Familiar with NGOs/CSOs work nature;
- Show integrity at work and
- Ability to organize works efficiently and deal with heavy workload.
PDF Version; vacancy-announcement-for-cashier