Vacancy Announcement for Program Assistant
The People’s Alliance for Credible Elections_PACE is looking for a Program Assistant to support the program team for planning and implementing advocacy strategy and networking with other stakeholders.
Position: Program Assistant
Duty Location: Yangon
Number of Position: 1
Duration of the Contract: One year (with two-month probation period)
Reporting to: Program Manager
Monthly Salary Minimum 450,000 Kyats ~ Maximum 750,000 Kyats (No other benefit)
If you are interested in this announcement, please submit your Curriculum Vitae (CV), expected salary and a contact phone number to [email protected] by June 14 , 2019. For more information you can contact us +95 9253379442.
Objectives of Program Assistant
Under the direction of Program Manager, the Program Assistant is responsible for assisting the program team to complete the Program Activities to meet the standard of PACE.
Task and Responsibilities
- Assist the Program Team to plan and implementing the Program Activities;
- Support the Program Manager to develop checklists, manuals and other related documents for conducting opinion polls and election observation;
- Supervise and coaching the printing materials for preparation of training packages and deployment packages;
- Coordination with the program team to design training plans, agenda and other related documents for surveys trainings and election observation trainings;
- Support the Program Team for organizing the program related events, such as trainings, workshops, roundtable discussions, forums and other networking activities;
- Record the program activities and maintain the required documents for bi-monthly or quarterly report;
- Record the minutes of the meetings (where required), preparation of Program Activities for various purposes;
- Support the Program Manager to draft and write the narrative reports bi-monthly or quarterly;
- Any other job or related tasks as determined by the supervisor.
The Program Assistant must would normally attain the required knowledge, skills and attitudes in good skills of typing, word and excel, experience in conducting training, research and election observation.
- Ability to communicate well in English and good computer skills;
- Must be able to work under the thigh deadline;
- Familiar with NGOs/CSOs work nature;
- Show integrity at work;
- Ability to organize work efficiently and deal with heavy workload and
- Having good understanding on Myanmar politics is an advantage.
The People’s Alliance for Credible Elections (PACE) is an independent, non-partisan, non-government domestic election observer group based in Yangon. PACE was founded in 2013 to strengthen democratic institutions in Myanmar through safeguarding citizen rights and promoting public participation in the electoral process. To promote transparency, accountability and inclusiveness in the electoral process, PACE will mainly be working on civic and voter education, election observation and electoral reform.
Upholding the principles enshrined in the “Universal Declaration of Human Rights”, PACE’s work will be implemented regardless of race, religion and gender. Moreover, PACE has signed “ the Declaration of Global Principles for Nonpartisan Election Observation” by Citizen Organizations, which is a document endorsed by more than 251 organization from 89 countries and territories.
“PACE will work to ensure all citizens political rights including the right to vote and stand for office by engaging in activities that promote citizen participation, safeguard political and civil rights through a program of electoral observation, policy advocacy and civic education.”
Areas of Work
The PACE is an independent civil society initiative to secure every citizen’s political rights and enhance electoral transparency and accountability through:
- Citizen Observation of Electoral Processes;
- Civic Education and Public Outreach and
Advocacy for Improved Electoral Frameworks