PACE’s Technical Assistance to Observation on Ward/Village Tract Elections in Bago Region
PACE provided technical assistance to the Pace on Peaceful Pluralism (PoPP) to watch the Bago Regional ward/village-tract elections in the Bago Region.
PACE assisted in the following technical processes of the observation –
- Selecting the sample locations (villages and wards) in the Bago Region
- Developing questionnaires (the pre-election survey questionnaire, the supervisory committees’ members data collection form and the ward/village-tract administrators’ election observation checklist)
- Training of trainers to instruct the Long-term observers (to watch starting from selecting the supervisory members until the election day) and short-term observers (to observe on the election day)
- Training on how to compile the database from the data collected from observation
- Launching the report of the findings of the observation on the process of ward/village-tract election after analyzing the data collected.
PACE also facilitated discussions on recommendations that PoPP could make to advocate for more transparent, inclusive and accountable local elections in Myanmar.